We're out of the spooky season and into the holiday season! If you're a November babe you have Citrine by your side to get through the hustle and bustle coming up.
Precious Facts About Citrine
- named from the Latin word, citrina, meaning yellow
- known as the merchant’s stone for its ability to attract abundance
- a variety of quartz and was called “yellow quartz” until 1556
- traces of iron are the source for the stone’s yellow to orange coloring
- amethyst and citrine can occur together in the same crystal creating Ametrine
- the largest citrine in the world weighs 20,200 carats
- measures a 7 on the Moh’s Scale of Hardness
How to Care For Citrine
Keep your citrine jewelry pieces in tip top shape with proper storage and regular cleanings. When it comes to storage, keep your citrine separate from your other pieces to avoid scratching. Our jewelry box and travel clutch are the perfect accessories for any jewelry owner.
Cleaning Your Pieces
Citrine is safe to clean with our Jewelry Cleaning Kit. Just gently scrub with a soft toothbrush, a small amount of lukewarm water, and mild soap.