If you’re a September babe you’re incredibly lucky to have basically the entire rainbow to choose from when you want to show off your sapphire birthstone! Pick a color…any color we dare you (just not red but you’ll find out about that if you keep reading).
Fun Facts about Sapphires:
- the gem of wisdom and used to protect against negative energies, calm the mind + strengthen intuition
- a member of the corundum mineral family
- first discovered around 1881, when a landslide occurred in the Himalayas revealing a pocket of velvety “cornflower” blue crystals
- one of the most famous sapphires is Princess Diana’s engagement ring, now worn by Kate Middleton - it weighs 12 carats!
- measures a 9 on the Moh’s Scale of Hardness, only second to the diamond
- we ethically-source our sapphires from Australia, Madagascar + Sri Lanka
- our Montana sapphires are sourced from the rock creek district of Montana, USA
- can be found in just about any color in the rainbow except red, as those are classified as rubies
- pink is the rarest shade of sapphire, also known as padparadscha (an ancient Sanskrit word used to describe the color of a tropical lotus flower)
How to Care For Your Sapphire
Keep your sapphire jewelry pieces in tip top shape with proper storage and regular cleanings. When it comes to storage, keep the stones separate from your other pieces to avoid scratching. Our jewelry box and travel clutch are the perfect accessories for any jewelry owner.
Cleaning Your Pieces
Our jewelry cleaning kit is perfect to care for your sapphire pieces. If you don’t have the kit, you can use a warm water and soap mixture with a soft brush to gently scrub the stone. We also recommend our professional cleaning services, and recommend biannual cleanings for your sapphire engagement ring.
Shop Your Birthstone With Us
Here’s a few of our fave handcrafted sapphire pieces to celebrate your September babe!