Pretty in pink…and red…and green, orange and purple! If you’re a January babe, you’ve got a pretty fabulous birthstone, Garnet. It can be found in a variety of colors, but more commonly found pink. Learn a little bit more about this beautiful birthstone, how to care for it and some of our favorite fine jewelry picks!
Gorgeous Facts about Garnet:
- garnet comes from the Latin word “granatus", meaning “pomegranate”
- worn in ancient times by pharaohs in Egypt
- red is the most common color of garnet, but it can be found in greens, pinks, oranges, and purples
- we source our garnet from Tanzania + Madagascar
- measures a 6.5 - 7.5 on the Moh’s Scale of Hardness
- garnet is the official gem of New York State (where we’re located!)
- believed to bring good fortune and mental clarity
How to Care For Your Garnet
Keep your garnet jewelry pieces in tip top shape with proper storage and regular cleanings. When it comes to storage, keep your garnet separate from your other pieces to avoid scratching. Our jewelry box and travel clutch are the perfect accessories for any jewelry owner.
Cleaning Your Pieces
Garnet is safe to clean with our Jewelry Cleaning Kit. If you don’t have our cleaning kit yet, just gently scrub with a soft toothbrush, a small amount of lukewarm water, and mild soap. You can also clean garnet jewelry in an ultrasonic cleaner.
Shop Your Birthstone With Us
Here’s a few of our fave handcrafted garnet pieces to celebrate your January babe!