Do you know a March babe? Gift them the perfect piece of aquamarine jewelry this year for their birthday! The perfect pop of color for all of the March babes out there!
Amazing Facts about Aquamarine:
- derived from two Latin words, aqua meaning “water” and marina meaning “of the sea”
- thought to calm fears and encourage acceptance
- coined as the “sailor’s gem” by the Greeks and thought to please the god of the sea, Poseidon, when onboard a ship
- the Dom Pedro is the world’s largest cut aquamarine, weighing in at 10,363 carats
- a member of the beryl mineral family
- we source our aquamarine gemstones from Madagascar
- measures between a 7.5 and 8 on the Moh’s Scale of Hardness
How to Care For Your Aquamarine
Keep your aquamarine jewelry pieces in tip top shape with proper storage and regular cleanings. When it comes to storage, keep your aquamarine separate from your other pieces to avoid scratching. Our jewelry box and travel clutch are the perfect accessories for any jewelry owner.
Cleaning Your Pieces
Aquamarine is safe to clean with our Jewelry Cleaning Kit. If you don’t have our cleaning kit yet, just gently scrub with a soft toothbrush, a small amount of lukewarm water, and mild soap. You can also clean aquamarine jewelry in an ultrasonic cleaner.
Shop Your Birthstone With Us
Here’s a few of our fave handcrafted aquamarine pieces to celebrate your March babe!