You’ve finally picked out the perfect ring and it’s time to check out but you just realized you don’t know your partner’s ring size! Don’t worry, we can help you out with some tips and tricks for measuring your partner’s ring size, or your own when you treat yourself!
How to Measure Your Ring Size at Home
Try Our Free Plastic Ring Sizer
- Pull end of sizer through the clip to emulate a ring
- Slip sizer over your finger
- Pull the sizer taut, seeing some resistance when moving the sizer over your knuckle
- The number the arrow is pointing to is your ring size
The String Method
- Wrap a piece of string or floss around the finger you’ll wear the finger on
- Mark with a pen where the string overlaps around your finger
- Measure the string in millimeters
- A quick Google image search of “Ring Sizing Chart” will lead you to an endless amount of conversion charts to convert the measurement of your string to a ring size
Find Your Partner’s Ring Size & Keep the Ring a Surprise
- Try asking friends or family members...maybe they’ve talked about it!
- Take a ring they currently wear (on their ring finger) and take it to a jeweler to be sized, or measure the inner diameter of the ring and use a ring sizing chart online, just like the string method.
- Reach out to our service team at email@example.com with your partner’s height, weight and shoe size and we can provide you with an estimated ring size.
Tips & Tricks for Measuring Your Ring Size
- The average woman’s ring size is a 6 - 6.5
- The average man’s ring size is a 10
- Measure 2 - 3 times for a more accurate measurement
- The size of your finger can change throughout the day depending on the temperature
- Warm weather can make our fingers swell, and cold weather can make our fingers shrink
- Finger size can change if you’ve gained or lost weight
- Fingers on your dominant hand tend to be larger
- Measure the finger that the ring will be worn on
- You want to see some resistance over the knuckle when taking the ring on and off
What if you need your current ring resized?
Now that you can measure your ring size at home, there’s no time like the present to order that ring!